OneView is our new centrally integrated view into patient health records. A single system for clinical and financial information. You may access it internally or externally. This article covers how to access OneView externally via a VMware Horizon virtual desktop.
To access OneView externally via a VMware Horizon virtual desktop, you must meet several requirements.
- You are a Riverview Health employee with an enabled Microsoft Active Directory account
- You have successfully enrolled in Multi-factor Authentication
- You know your Microsoft Active Directory username and password (and the password has not expired)
- You are using an Internet-connected device with decent bandwidth (like a home computer or tablet)
- Your Internet-connected device has either a modern browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari) or you have installed the full VMware Horizon client (recommended)
Steps (an overview)
We'll cover these steps in more detail below. This is the basic outline:
- Find an Internet-connected device
- Use either the full VMware Horizon client or a modern web browser to connect to https://desktops.riverview.org/
- Enter your Microsoft Active Directory username (SAM) and password
- Verify and acknowledge Mercy's multi-factor authentication prompts via a phone call or mobile application
- Re-enter your Microsoft Active Directory username (SAM) and password
- Select your virtual desktop
- Within your virtual desktop, launch the Citrix Receiver to begin OneView logon process
Virtual Desktops via VMware Horizon Client (recommended)
This option provides the best experience (but requires installation).
Open a modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or IE11) and visit https://desktops.riverview.org/
Select Install VMware Horizon Client (on the left) to download and install the client for your device (Win, Mac, etc.)
Launch the VMware Horizon Client you just installed and select New Server > Add Server > desktops.riverview.org
Enter Active Directory credentials (SAM), verify and approve MFA, re-enter credentials (SAM)
Select a virtual desktop pool
You are now running Windows 7 in an application. Note: You may even do this on your mobile phone or tablet
Virtual Desktops via a Browser (easy)
This is the most convenient option (you don’t have to install anything).
Open a modern browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or IE11) and visit https://desktops.riverview.org/. Select VMware Horizon HTML Access (on the right).
Enter credentials, verify and approve MFA, re-enter credentials
Select a virtual desktop pool
You are now running Windows 7 in a browser
How to logon to OneView internally via Citrix Receiver (recommended)
Now that you are remotely logged on to a virtual desktop, you have the same level of access as you do when you are working internally. Please reference How to logon to OneView internally via Citrix Receiver (recommended) for instructions on how to logon to OneView once you are in a virtual desktop.