These tools are more for system administrators than for end users. Should you receive a link from IT to one of these services, it would be safe to click on it.
If you send the username via email; use IM or SMS to send the password.
- Don't send username and password via the same medium
- The second medium should just be a password (no username)
- Most mediums are unencrypted, like a postcard, which is why you use two
Securely send an encrypted password.
- Safer than sending an unencrypted password via email or instant message
- Link to password expires
- Link to password can be viewed only a few times
Lets premium users securely share passwords.
- Must be a premium ($12/month) user
- Can share access to a site without revealing the password
- Best suited for friends and family